- H&M Pleated Skirt
- Zara Sweater (similar)
- Kenneth Cole “Kam” Sneakers
- A.P.C. Demi Lune Bag
- Sezane Wool Coat
- Ray-Ban Oval Aviators
How to wear a pleated skirt:
I’ve been on a real skirt kick recently. Mostly, because I’ve been challenging myself to wear anything but jeans at least once a week. It’s only been 2 weeks, but I’m already feeling good about this. I came across this pleated skirt from H&M and thought it would be a nice addition to the wardrobe. To my surprise, it was fairly easy to style, though, I definitely had to experiment. Here’s what I learned:
- Proportion: If your pleats are making you feel wide—try pairing it with a longer top so that it cuts down on some of the flare. For a longer appearance, wear a cropped sweater or slightly tuck in the front of your shirt to elongate your silhouette.
- Shoes: Instead of heels or flats, pair your pleats with a sporty sneaker (I prefer low-tops, but high-tops would be super cool, too). If this option is too casual, slip into some oxfords, mules, or boots.
- Palette: While black is a no-brainer, it can also feel a bit witch-y. I went with a pale pink that I could potentially wear year-round. I kept things soft and simple with a muted grey v-neck sweater.
- Length: Since I rarely sit (or act for that matter) like a lady, longer skirts accommodate my sloppy sitting habits. I especially love mid-length hemlines because they feel fresh and modern.