See my tips on what to wear with a red dress below!
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in “Desert Beige”
- Kat Von D Light & Shade Contour Palette
- theBalm Matte Hughes Liquid Lipstick in “Committed”
- Revlon ColorStay Lipliner
- theBalm Mary Lou Luminizer
- Make Up For Ever Eyebrow Pencil in 50 Brown Black
Weddings always make me want to branch out of my everyday style — and when I say “branch out” I mean wearing any other color besides black or grey. Expanding my style chops, I went ahead and ordered this bright red midi dress for a wedding in San Francisco. I was taken aback by the vibrancy once it arrived, but I tried it on anyway, then slipped into these mustard yellow heels. The classic Mary Jane style balanced out the fiery red and frilly trim. See below for tips on what to wear with a red dress :
- What shoes do you wear with a red dress? If you want to go color on color try; blush, hot pink, or orange in the spring and in the fall; hunter green, plum, or maroon. Year-round colors include; navy, nude, or mustard.
- What jewelry do you wear with a red dress? My favorite metal to wear with red is gold — they’re both warm tones that feel inviting and playful. Dainty pieces in silver are timeless while chunkier pieces can look contemporary, especially in rose gold!
- What color lipstick do I wear with a red dress? Since I can’t pull off a true nude lip, I went with my everyday mauve lipstick. It added just enough color without competing with the red dress. I also used lipliner to define the shape of my lips while keeping the liquid lipstick in its place.